Friday, December 29, 2006

Should Men of God Take A Stand?

"So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one. Ezekiel 22:30

Persecution free lifestyles are being offered at most every church these days. We don't want to offend anyone so the only thing we take a stand on is that Jesus is the only way for Salvation. When I say anything I'm referring to standards of holiness and things that replace Jesus as being the centerpoint. Sometimes we worry too much about pleasing people in trying to reach them, that we miss the most important part; pleasing God! I'm not referring to methods of ministry, but everyday opportunities to separate ourselves from the world. As far as I can tell, according to the scriptures, it is the GOOD NEWS and the GOODNESS of GOD that leads people to repentance. Also, consistent holy lifestyles seem to help people make up their minds about God and the Christian WAY. Jesus got pretty personal with people and even raised the standards when talking about living Holy lives. Growing churches are those led by men who promote holy living and passionate evangelism! Let's be found serving (not playing games) when He returns!

No comments: