Monday, September 03, 2007

Journal Download

  • Awana begins this Wednesday. We have more leaders and workers than last year and everyone is excited and ready to go. We have several new families interested in bringing their children.
  • Friend Day is September 30th. I am going to preach out of a casket. We are going to have lunch (grilling hamburgers and hotdogs). A concert will follow at 1:30.
  • Faith Teams kick off the week of Friend Day. Letters will be sent out the Monday following Friend Day and teams will follow up on every person in service that day.
  • Unity has been a major subject around our church lately. It seems that almost every church in town and surrounding areas is fighting except for ours. We must stay on guard!
  • Youth Ministry is taking a leap to the next level. Tommy, Kathy, Michael, Dana, James, and Tasha are working as a team to get the job done!
  • Membership Seminar is fulfilling its purpose. People are joining and getting involved in the ministry.
  • Nurseries are expanding. We now have (2) two nurseries (babies/toddlers). We have (4) four babies and (3) three more to arrive soon!
  • Sunday School is not going as well as I would like, but we do have 3 new classes.
  • Bible Studies seem to be going well. People are growing and leaders are developing quickly.
  • Generosity is a true characteristic of our church. We have recently given a few thousand dollars to the Bald Knob school system. As a community we are attempting to save our school from a 2.2 million dollar deficit.
  • Problems never go away. Besides growing pains many families are struggling and experiencing difficult circumstances. Satan never stops distracting us from our purpose.
  • Building Plans are on the verge. Temple has a new worship building that is debt free. A research committee will soon be formed to start the process of building a multipurpose center with education space.
  • Tradition is becoming a thing of the past. I mean our church is evolving and everyone seems to be ok with that. I don’t even where a tie on Sunday mornings! Praise God! Jesus would not where a suit today. Sunday morning was a record service with no special event at the number 137.
  • Music Ministry is struggling. We have some real talent, but they are not working together to lead worship as of yet. Look out near future!
  • New To Ministry- Tommy Slinker threw down for a few minutes last night. He preached his first message and brought tears to my eyes. One of the things he said was “I am still a sinner, but I have learned how to fight sin- This is what I do: When I wake up in the morning I think about Jesus-When I get to work I think about Jesus- When I get home in the evening I think about Jesus-When I go to bed at night I think about Jesus-Sometimes I even wake up in the middle of the night and have been dreaming about Jesus!” PREACH ON BRO!

No comments: