Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What Is The Best Way To Do Ministry?

Answer: Listen to God!

I'm on my soap box again. I get fed up with people that think they must ride the cultural church wave to reach people. It is obvious that if we ask God for His help and listen to His answer (to us personally and specifically) He will help us do HIS WILL-which is to save people with the gospel. The following formula seems to work for me.

1. Prayer and Openness to God's Spirit (with clean hands and a pure heart listen to God)

2. Openness to Change When God Says Change (certain things change over time)

3. Determination To Be An Example Not A Spectator (as an individual and church)

4. Evangelistic Preaching (the whole Bible is evangelistic)

5. Consistency (in teaching, training leaders, and example)

6. Biblical (don't promote or bank on a philosophy that contradicts scripture)

If you are trying to be the man of God that He wants you to be let 2 Timothy 3:16-17 sink in deep.

My prayer: God help me to constantly evaluate my spiritual walk with YOU, my motive, and performance in ministry according to your terms. Keep me in check! In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments: