Sunday, November 04, 2007

Get me out of this rut!

It has been a while, but I feel like I'm getting into a rut. Things are happening and people's lives are being changed, but I'm on auto pilot mode. I don't want to stay here so please say a prayer that Billy will wake up and smell the coffee!

One of the things that has me feeling the way I do is-the new has worn off and the honey moon is coming to an end. Preaching fourty times a week doesn't help either (please save any holier than thou comments)!

Another thing is that I have tried for months to get our very talented music inclined people together to lead worship, but for some reason it just wont happen! We have 5 very talented individuals and the leader is willing to do whatever needs to be done, but no one is moving!!!

God is blessing, but this major part of worship is missing. The people seem to be satisfied, but I'm not! It is hard to settle for less than what you have experienced in the past. Please say a prayer that God will help me to endure until (if ever) this piece of the puzzle is in place. I know that things don't happen over night, but with the talent we have there is no excuse (but TIME, and we live in Bald Knob!!!).

Another thing is we have 90 adults who regularly attend, but never enough volunteers. Some people just never seem to get it!!! To the ones that are working I remind them to pray and ask for God's strength, but they seem to be tired too! Some of the same people have to do baby nursury, toddler nursury, Sunday School, Children's church, Awana etc.

Before you give me the spill about how to fix all this understand that I am venting something that I have to get out! I believe God is going to continue to change lives in spite of my rut, my crying like a baby, and what may be a petty list of issues in His mind.

No comments: