Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I am changing!

My desire is to become more like Jesus every second of every day. I am far from arriving and won't completely until He appears at His return, but I'm trying. I John 3:2-3 makes clear that Jesus is pure, but we must continually purify ourselves like Him. This is the difference in us and Him-He is perfectly pure and we are not. I don't need anyone to tell me I'm not perfectly pure (i get it), but I am changing!

God is helping me...

1. Become a better husband and father

2. Become a better pastor and leader

3. Become a better witness

4. Become more passionate about Him and His work in general

5. Become a better listener

6. Become less judgmental

7. Become more merciful

8. Become willing to admit my faults

9. Become more understanding and tolerant

10. Become more willing to please Him than anyone else

11. Be patient

12. Be kind

13. Be a peacemaker

The areas I really need to work on are...

1. How I come across in conversations and being misunderstood

2. My attitude toward good people doing nothing for God

3. Humility especially at home and around my extended family

4. Using words that might not be wrong or all that bad, but portray a negative attitude Example: "Look at that ugly car." or "What's wrong with that idiot?"

5. Spending quality time with my kids

6. Picking up after myself for my wife's sake

7. Reading my bible more

8. Spending more time in prayer

9. Having a balanced ministry in my current church setting

10. Not allowing preconceived positions I hold to keep me from seeing from other points of view

11. Becoming a better communicator

12. Teaching less for more

13. Choosing my battles

14. Living at peace with everyone-Romans 12:18

15. For some reason I don't get along with a lot of pastors and preachers. I commonly say, "I don't like preachers."

Lord, help me to keep changing!

No comments: