Wednesday, November 07, 2007

God Is Good!

Lately there has been some rodeo action in the ABA blog world. It has been rough, tough, straight forward, questionable, sad, and humorous at the same time. It feels like the time I was at the Catholic World Youth Conference in Toronto when 8 priest gathered around me and tried to beat me up for telling their teenagers, "You can know for sure that you're going to heaven when you die." One said, "I don't think John Paul II would like this...(BTW-he was there-I hope he read our material)". They were all dressed in their suits and thought they had it all figured out. In my opinion they were modern day pharisees (I am not calling anyone a pharisee). The same truths exist in the current situation as then:

1. It doesn't matter what "so and so" says about a particular subject.

2. God is the Judge. He is the One we should seek to please.

3. Traditions don't determine what is right and wrong (SIN)-the Bible does!

4. In the end the ones who are honest and seeking to glorify God will be used of God to win people to Christ and disciple them!

5. Politics, popular opinion, experiences, culture, traditions, heritage should never be our example for decision making.

6. Our loyalty should be to God and what He wants to do in the future not to what someone else did in the past.


"On the day I call for help, my enemies will be defeated.
I know that God is on my side
." Psalm 56:9

No comments: