Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm out!

Clearing things up/Random thouhts-

I didn't mean to sound negative concerning TBC in my last post, but although it is true there are no ideal churches (there should be), we are constantly trying to become one. We can't be satisfied with where we are!!!! If the church at Jerusalem was ideal (we use it as it was) then we can be too. TBC is a great church with a heart for God and people. No one in our church is perfect (especially the pastor), but we have some great leaders!

Being Transparent- I'm the type of person that wants everything to happen over night, but reality (man's disobedient response to God's commands) says impossible! God has been teaching me if something is going to last, it will take time and quality efforts to build it. The key is to keep Jesus (let him stay) in the boat. If He is in the boat-He can calm any storm and walk on any raging sea we might encounter!

"Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted. Unless the Lord protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good." Psalm 127:1

Signing out for now.

2 comments:

bill said...

I hear ya Billy.I know your heart and know you have the best of visions for Temple. I think we all have visions of change in others overnight. But I think about myself and see that deep spiritual change has taken time for me. And it would seem that things that change overnight, last overnight. I pray that God would give us wisdom, integrity, joy, boldness, commpassion, favor, and blessings that last for the long haul!

Billy Howard said...

Thanks for the prayers bro.