Monday, November 26, 2007

The Purpose of "Real Life"

I call my blog “Real Life” because that is what I want to enjoy while on this globe. Jesus said, “I have come that you might have life and that you might have it more abundantly.” The best way to determine how to experience this kind of life in any particular circumstance is to ask the question, “What would Jesus Do?”

We need to ask this question as pastors, husbands, fathers, and church members, etc. Women need to ask this question as leaders, wives, mothers, and church members, etc. What Jesus would do in most cases is much different than the way we respond to life circumstances. The only way to know what Jesus would do is to study His life in the Gospels and draw close to him in a personal relationship in the here and now!

The things that I write on my blog are not to please a particular person or group of friends. The ones that know me personally know my heart and vision. I am my own person and desire to live in the perfect will of God. This is a struggle and very difficult at times, but it is what I am striving for. If I write something that encourages or challenges someone to live a “Real Life” in Christ, great! If not, maybe someone else will write something to help me to experience this very thing.

The following are things that constantly challenge me to be more like Jesus and not exclusively associated with a particular group...

1. The postmodern culture in which we live has believed the lie that there is no absolute truth. Overall people don’t read the Bible, but they conclude with such an ignorant position. The answer to this problem from many seems to be, “Well, just go to Hell then.”

2. The church of Satan meets regularly to pray for families and churches to be destroyed, and most Christian churches spend very little time praying for families and churches to succeed!

3. Over 150,000 people die every day and most of them go to Hell, who cares?

4. The ABA is caught up in traditionalism and cannot see beyond their model of what a church is supposed to look like.

5. There are churches that teach the right doctrine but don’t understand their light stopped shinning years ago.

6. Pastors and people who think their perspective is the only one that makes sense.

7. People that give name tags and cut you off because you question or challenge a certain way of thinking. In my opinion they are closely connected to the mentality of the Pharisees.

8. People that claim to be followers of Christ, but their attitude is far from the Spirit of Christ. Gal 5:22-23

9. On the other hand, some are so frustrated that they are willing to go with anything that comes along. They jump on a train and have no clue of the destination. A short time later they get on another train and go back to where they came from. Books and magazines shape their minds and mission instead of the word of God.

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO? Would he take a balanced approach to life and ministry based on Scripture? The more I study the scriptures the more I realize we have been taught to take certain positions that Jesus would not have taken. I write to challenge these positions.

How does the following passage apply to the mentality of the ABA and doctrinal statement number (1) one? Mark 9:38-41

How does the following passage apply to the fact that many churches are not reaching people because of their traditions? Matthew 15:1-9

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.” Colossians 2:8

Keep It Real In Christ!

1 comment:

ZipperBobWayMan said...

Keep it real brother, I couldn't agree more!!!